Saturday, April 18, 2009

One point One

Had an unexpected surprise today when i went to the esplanade today. It was so packed today.

Strings in Harmony: Tone of the Ruan
was up to my expectation. It was a great show and I've enjoyed the music. Today was the first time I've seen a Ruan. Its a type of chinese string instrument that produces a more mellow sound than the guitar or violin. I like it .

The quartet played a series of music starting from "the entertainer" , "Country dance" , "Prince ego" , "Fantasia in A minor ( I like this )" and bla bla bla. (couldn't catch the names of the rest of the music) Either the musics played were short and sweet or it flew pass while i was enjoying it. Haha.

Went to the outdoor theatre after that and there I got a second performance to watch. Its nice to dwell in music. The lady is from Jakarta, and had a powerful voice. With her was a drummer and and guitarist who seem so familiar. Immediately , I recognise both of them. they were part of the group that had performed the day before and would be performing after this show. Enjoyed it.

Took a few pics , but have not uploaded yet. It will be up in a few days time.

Vernon

No comments:

Post a Comment