Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Journey back to 10 years back.

As the title says, it seems that I had entered into a time warp ( thats the causeway) and landed 10 years back. My first ever trip to JB kinda make me feel like i've entered into the old singapore. With the shopping centers and old age cars around, it led me to think and appreciate the fact that singapore had grew so much and so fast that we've become what we are today..

My trip to JB this sat had been one full of small small pleasant memories. It started with me being the total clueless guy trying to make sure everything is there and nothing goes wrong.

The plan was to stay over at someone's house so that everyone won't be late and be on time. It was also for the 4 of us to gather and meet again since its been sometime since we went out together again. The moment I reached Kailing'Jie's house, I had the familiar Rinko and Kookie barking at the door. So familiar , it seems that it was yesterday when we met. Played games and slept late, and being woken up by Rinko's lick.

Rise and shine. Soon, we reached the causeway, and into the singapore 10 years ago.

There we had a taste of weird weird chicken wings, weird weird pastas and also our favourite KBOX singing. I see the sources of KL jie's BIG BIG collection of magnets, a shop that sells them cheap , wondering when her collection would be full.

After the whole day, we had this very big dinner somewhere ( i forgot where). quite some feast!
Crossing the timewarp, we reach safely back to singapore around 10+ , and i came to ponder what should i do the NExt Saturday!

PS. Going back was funny, cause it seems that i am always the last one out of the customs and the one to be checked. Missed the bus cause of this and we had to wait sometime for the next one. I see this as experience, the next time, when this happen when I am alone, at least i won't panic! haha.

Pics might be or might not be out depending on QC. :)

Vernon

No comments:

Post a Comment